Date Posted: 2019/2/20
Requisition Number: RP1012758
As the global leader in Application Solutions, we're looking for people with a passion for breakthrough ideas to help us stay ahead of the competition.
Explore Life at F5
Position Summary: The IT Business Analyst position works directly with the IT department and other assigned business groups to help drive improvement initiatives. The candidate should have a working knowledge of IT, Information Security, and modern data integrations such as API and middleware platforms. An additional bonus would be experience implementing or working with enterprise search platforms such as Coveo. They should have strong customer service skills and be comfortable interacting outside the IT department with the business. They should have a high degree of business proficiency, professional maturity, and poise. Critical thinking and working in unfamiliar areas is required.
Attractions of the Job:
The Business Analyst proactively communicates and collaborates with internal customers to analyze business needs and functional requirements. The candidate should be able to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying business needs. They should develop excellent knowledge of internal business processes and understand the business implications of IT.
· Develop and maintain the relationship with the business (30% of time)
o Demonstrated knowledge of business processes, industry standards and best practices
o Initiates communication of IT Strategy to the business and Business Strategy to IT
· Partners with business and technology partners (40% of time)
o Prioritize requests with the business, meet or exceed IT Service Level Agreements (SLA)
o Develops solutions to moderately complex problems
o Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements
· Partners with business partners to conduct user acceptance testing (20% of time)
o Facilitates and coordinates UAT with Business
· Assist in driving internal team process change (10% of time)
o Assist in development of new process documentation
o Facilitate training for new processes
o Adherence to process changes
Note: The percentages of time noted above are current estimates and may change at any time depending on the business needs of the company.
· Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Able to understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements
· Strong understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
· Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
· Ability to partner with system analysts, developers, and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
· Working knowledge of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
· Strong meeting facilitation skills, must be able to drive groups to decisions
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team
· Working knowledge of the end-to-end business processes in the functional areas assigned
· Working knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management
· Working knowledge of business analysis best practices including documentation requirements for large bodies of work
· BS/BA or equivalent work experience in IT related field
· 6+ years of relevant work experience
· 3+ years working experience as a business analyst or equivalent
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
· Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
· Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately <10% of the time spent traveling.