Date Posted: 2019/2/20
Requisition Number: RP1012755
As the global leader in Application Solutions, we're looking for people with a passion for breakthrough ideas to help us stay ahead of the competition.
Explore Life at F5
This SQL Developer position provides application development support by analyzing business and technical requirements to develop appropriate systems solutions according to specifications. They provide technical expertise in evaluating, developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting systems and procedures that are cost-effective and improve work efficiency. Additionally, the developer partners with infrastructure and architectural peers to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
Production Support (~ 40% of time)
· Work closely with IT Operations team to monitor production systems
· Partner with our Systems Analyst team to troubleshoot and provide solutions for production issues
Release / Project Support (~ 60% of time)
· Provide estimates for candidate Enhancement and Defect work to be included in a release
· Analyze end-user needs and design, test, and develop software to satisfy demand
· Analyze, and translate business requirements in functional and non-functional system requirements
· Develop technical workflows using different modeling techniques including UML
· Work with database administrators to design and support relational databases
· Build design and coding standards to ensure consistency across applications
· Improve the performance of applications via load and stress testing
· Support ad-hoc data anlaysis
· Partner with IT Operations to ensure successful deployment of solutions
· Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We require individuals who have a working knowledge of:
· Experience with both Waterfall and Agile SDLC processes
· Strong understanding of business processes and how technology can enhance and improve these processes
· Strong communication skills
· Strong programming and design skills
· Proficient planning, problem solving, trouble shooting, and organization skills
· Analytical and detail oriented
Additional technical experience preferred:
· XML, JSON and Web Services
· Experience manipulating large datasets across heterogeneous systems
· Experience with data integration technologies and solutions
· Experience with ETL Technologies
· BS/BA or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years development experience in supporting and implementing SQL Server
· Development experience with TSQL, SSIS and data replication
· Other development experience in C#, PowerShell, Java, Perl, PHP, and Bash shell scripting are a plus
· Development experience with the .NET Framework also a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
· Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
· Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
· Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.