Date Posted: 2019/2/20
Requisition Number: RP1012754
As the global leader in Application Solutions, we're looking for people with a passion for breakthrough ideas to help us stay ahead of the competition.
Explore Life at F5
The Web Developer II position is responsible for building, enhancing, and maintaining various F5 websites and internal tools, across multiple platforms, and operating systems. This position will work with business and systems analysts to support the fast-paced and challenging demands internal business partners.
This position is responsible for working on a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Designs, codes, tests and delivers new/modified functionality. Performs as an individual contributor with moderate supervision. Will collaborate with peers and business groups, occasionally under the direction of technical leads on assigned projects.
Support and maintain existing web applications (40% of time)
· Triage incoming production support requests
· Communicate with internal customers to resolve issues
· Upgrade applications to up-to-date versions of software
· Identify and reduce technical debt in existing applications
· Provide and implement ideas for improving quality of existing code and streamlining future maintenance
· Performance and application health monitoring
Design, code, test and deliver new features and fix defects in existing applications (60% of time)
· Collaborate with analysts, project managers and others to understand business requirements
· Size or estimate planned work such as enhancements or defects
· Develop code in accordance with stated standards and policies
· Write unit tests and participate in functional, integration and regression testing when needed.
· Participate in design and code reviews
· Maintain and create new application documentation
· Partner with Operations to ensure successful deployment of solutions
· Be a partner in improving all aspects of our team and organization
· Work with Security to adhere to secure coding practices
Note: The percentages of time noted above are current estimates and may change at any time depending on the business needs of the company.
· Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
· Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with XSLT, PHP, RESTful web services, and other common technologies used in web development preferred
· Knowledge of version control systems
· Experience interacting with databases (SQL, MySQL, and/or Oracle) preferred
· Understanding of Tomcat and Apache preferred
· Understanding of Maven or Gradle build tools preferred
· Knowledge of common web security exploits and preventive measures preferred
· Familiarity with graphic art tools preferred
· Knowledge of Continuous Integration Build Systems preferred
· Experience with and/or understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies preferred
· Experience with and/or understanding of unit testing highly preferred
· Must be able to apply analytic thinking and trouble-shooting skills to a variety of situations
· Must be able to effectively interact both verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical users of web applications
· Must be able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
· 2-4 years of experience in website design and development
· BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
· Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
We provide competitive salaries, a world class benefits package, including 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision insurance, highly subsidized premiums for dependent coverage, 401K match, employees stock purchase plan, 18 days paid time off within the 1st year and 9 paid holidays, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace