Date Posted: 2019/2/18
Requisition Number: RP1012735
As the global leader in Application Solutions, we're looking for people with a passion for breakthrough ideas to help us stay ahead of the competition.
Explore Life at F5
The Programmer / Analyst provides application development support by analyzing business requirements to develop appropriate systems solutions according to specifications. They provide technical expertise in evaluating, developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting systems and procedures that are cost effective and improve work efficiency. Additionally, the Programmer / Analyst partners with chief infrastructure and architectural heads to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
Our ideal candidate is a Web Developer turned Salesforce Developer (Visualforce) with Community experience. Capable of building a multi-platform friendly (responsive) website for our Salesforce customer community. Knowledge of profiles / permissions, working with Custom Objects and third-party apps in a Community environment. Ability to write test classes, build changesets, and work in a multi-tiered environment.
You will be required to design and implement database enhancements including; custom objects, fields, record types, workflows and process builders. Develop, maintain and configure Visualforce, Apex, AppExchanges, Force.com and integrate into 3rd party solutions.
Excellent communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks, set expectations, and deliver projects in a collaborative environment. This role drives our overall web strategy and how we leverage our front-end and back-end systems, therefore the ability to provide timely feedback and communicate across the organization is essential.
· Production Support (~ 10% of time)
o Work closely with IT Operations team to monitor production systems
o Partnering with our System Analyst team, troubleshoot and provide solutions for production issues
· Release / Project Support (~ 90% of time)
o Engage with business stakeholders and partner with Salesforce Systems Analyst to gather requirements and map them to solutions that leverage salesforce functionality
o Develop and maintain larger, more comprehensive Salesforce.com solutions; Write clean code and produce clear, supporting documentation
o Create and maintain Lightning Components, Visualforce pages, new custom objects, and new validation and workflow rules
o Configure Salesforce.com and integrate with third party tools as needed; Map, migrate and integrate data into new solutions
o Stay current with the periodic Salesforce releases and leverage the updates applicable to the organization
o Be part of a fast-paced team and participate in planning, documentation, execution, testing, and launch of enterprise Salesforce projects
· Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· We require individuals who have a working knowledge of:
o Solid knowledge of Salesforce development tools, such as Apex, Visualforce, Force.com custom development, triggers, controllers, Force.com SOAP and REST APIs, JSON, sObjects, SOQL, SOSL, outbound messaging
o Experience with migration tools and Continuous Integration Development such as Jenkins, GIT, ANT Migration Tool, and Force.com Migration process
o UX / Visualforce UI Development
o Front end Development experience
o General Web development a plus
o Ability to design responsive interface is required
o SFDC Community knowledge
o SFDC Lightning knowledge
o Enhancing Reputations in Salesforce Community
o Strong understanding of database management and Salesforce.com configuration experience including developing Salesforce.com custom objects and workflow business rules as well
o Salesforce administration, release management, and deployment expertise
· Additional technical experience preferred includes:
o Mobile App development
· Other Skills:
o Agile / scrum methodology
o Manage deliverables and timelines of multiple projects while meeting deliverable commitments
· BS/BA or equivalent work experience.
· Salesforce Certified Administrator and Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator certifications.
· Salesforce Certified Platfrom Developer I and Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II certification.
· App Builder Certification (Lightning)
· At least 3+ , years’ experience on Salesforce.com development with experience on various Salesforce platforms, such as Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing cloud, and Communities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
· Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
· Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
· Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.