Team: Product Development
Date Posted: 2019/2/18
Requisition Number: RP1012568
As the global leader in Application Solutions, we're looking for people with a passion for breakthrough ideas to help us stay ahead of the competition.
Explore Life at F5
This position is responsible for working on a variety of technical problems of standard scope. Designs, codes, tests under general supervision. Frequently partners with senior technical leaders, and may collaborate with junior level peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams.
· Works on a variety of technical problems of standard scope.
· High level proficient in support.
· Responsible for assigned task till closure.
· Tracking the task till closure.
· Frequently partners with senior technical leaders and may collaborate with junior level peers under the direction of technical leads.
· Implement the defined set of requirements.
· Improve the existing functionality.
· Regular feedback/suggestion to improve the functionalities.
· Document software designs via functional specifications and other design documents.
· May participate in hiring and onboarding process.
· Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job especially in handling L1 and L2 tickets. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Experience on any defect management tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, TFS, etc..
· Experience in handling tickets for L1 and L2 support
· Experience in working and planning shift systems.
· Experience in handling 24X7 working teams.
· Experience with managing Vendors.
· Trouble shooting of the tickets in case needed and segregate the L3 issues with remaining issues.
· Working knowledge in CI/CD pipeline
· Knowledge on any language/ scripting like Python, Perl or JAVA
· Knowledge on any build tools like Maven, Ant etc..
· Knowledge on tools like Jenkins, ansible, etc..
· Knowledge on Cloud services is added advantage
· Basic knowledge on management of Linux/Unix OS
· Working knowledge of network and web technologies
· Takes regular direction from more senior level staff
· Analytic / trouble-shooting skills
· Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
· Good team player
· Knowledge on Testing and Testing Automation is added advantage
· Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
· 7+ years’ experience on high level support and implementation of requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table. When not on-site at customer location, the position may be remote or at nearest F5 office.
· Duties require the ability to utilize a computer / laptop, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.