Team: Global Services
Date Posted: 12/14/2017
Requisition Number: RP1008346
As the global leader in Application Solutions, we're looking for people with a passion for breakthrough ideas to help us stay ahead of the competition.
Explore Life at F5
Our EmployeesAre valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.Position Summary As an Enterprise Network Engineer (ENE) you will become the product expert and technical "go to" point within the Services organisation, interfacing directly with Product Development. The ENE position is the technical interface between the Global Services organization and all other company departments. This position is expected to have complete product knowledge and expert, in-depth network engineering knowledge, including design and troubleshooting.Responsibilities:
· Handle technical issues of any complexity with minimal need for supervision or assistance.
· Assist Engineers by verifying network solutions and ensuring that appropriate products and services have been selected to satisfy client requirements.
· Provide Tier-3 support for the Field Services, Network Support, Consulting and Training organizations.
· Work with Product Development and Product Management to ensure products are implemented in ways that meet customer requirements.
· Provide support for the entire F5 product line, and all versions of software code and hardware.
· Review, test and create content for F5's technical knowledgebase, AskF5 (tech.f5.com).
· Be responsible for all CERT and security release alerts to customer install base while working with product development.
· Handle release of PTFs (Product Temporary Fixes).
· Mentor other F5 technical groups.
· Direct interaction with Product Development group on behalf of all external organizations and customers.
· Demonstrated relevant work experience, preferably from a technical custoer support background.
· Undergraduate Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
· Expert technical knowledge of TCP/IP and Unix/Linux.
· Demonstrated experience and expert-level knowledge with network devices (routers, switches, etc.), including such topics as HTTP headers, ISO layers, and TCP flags.
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate customers about complex technology in a simple way.
· Ability to diffuse complicated technical and political situations with enterprise customers.
Additional qualifications - We are seeking candidates who possess the following:Familiarity with locad balancing (preferably F5) and security products such as BigIP, intermediate knowledge of SSL (particularly server-based) and DNS admin experience.Solid and demonstrated storage subsystem skills and storage vendor specific knowledge configuring and troubleshooting CIFS\NFS, primarily with Network Appliance and EMC Cellera and/or Direct Attached Storage. Experience analyzing auto support data from Netapp filers a plus.Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills for SSL / VPN solutions (especially F5 Firepass) including use of tools such as HTTPWatch and SSLDump to analyze data and strong knowledge of Authentication Protocols, AD (Active Directory), LDAP, RSA, Radius and Diameter a plus.Flexibility to work weekends essential.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Duties are performed in an office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material. Early training period (circa 3 weeks) in the US is required for all new hires into our technical support teams. The role will require weekend working.
F5 Networks, is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.